Here are some of the highlights from the 15th Annual Out Boulder County Garden Party. Every year, Out Boulder County honors three outstanding members of our community with the Clela Rorex Allies in Action Award, Jack and Jean Hodges Big Hearts Award, and the Ignite and Inspire Youth Leadership Award.
The following bills were signed into law!
– HB 1003: Community Solar Gardens Modernization Act
– HB 1261: Climate Action Plan to Reduce Pollution
– HB 1231: New Appliance Energy and Water Efficiency Standards
– HB 1250: Building Energy Codes
– HB 1272: Housing Authority Property in Colorado New Energy Improvement District
– SB 236: Public Utilities Commission Reauthorization
– SB 96: Collect Long-term Climate Change Data
On May 23rd Gov. Jared Polis signed several bills into law at the George Di Ciero City and County Building in Broomfield. Including House Bill 1309 to expand regulatory protections for residents across the state’s roughly 900 mobile home parks, a section of Colorado’s housing stock that communities have increasingly leaned on as a substitution for attainable and affordable housing.
The room was filled with legislators and residents that have been working on the number of bills that were signed. It was quite the experience. It was a gathering of hope, accomplishment, and joy. As several of the topics dealt with issues from healthcare to human rights.